Saturday, January 31, 2009

We are alive...and growing!!!

Well, as always I haven't posted in quite a while so I will have to do a big update on what's been going on in our lives. I am officially 30 weeks pregnant now...only 10 weeks away now! Crazy. I have definitely grown since the last belly shot. It is amazing once you finally pop, its all over from there. We are so excited to meet our little girl though, we can't wait! I'm not gonna lie though ladies...I can't decide if I'm more nervous about giving birth or breastfeeding? Both freak me out big time-PAIN!

Anyway, we spent a great Christmas in Vegas with my family. We saw my whole family and of course we had to do the comparison shot of me and my sis-in-law Jen. My dad got in the pic too...he gives us some fierce competition with his beer belly. This is us at 6 months pregnant.We had a great Christmas break with the family. We had quite the twist at the end though because my parents gave us one of their "old white trucks" (the old roomies know what this means) and it needed a few more things fixed on it then we had planned to begin with. It is a long story but it involved me flying home on Sunday to get back to work, Aaron not being able to drive home until Tuesday..running out of gas in the middle of the mountains in Colorado due to a broken gas gauge..no cell phone service..a ride to the gas station in a big rig..and getting home 14 hours after leaving. Let's just say we're so glad that Aaron finally made it home.

On a more exciting note...on January 12th was our first anniversary!!! It has gone by so fast. I'll tell you this too, I never would have thought that I would be 6 1/2 months pregnant on our first anniversary. Sometimes surprises come in small packages right?! We have heard about this thing called a babymoon where a couple will go on a vacation before the baby comes, so we had a combined anniversary/babymoon mini vacation. Aaron booked this fabulous room at one of the tallest hotels in downtown Denver, and we had a great weekend there eating out and enjoying the view and the nice hotel. Happy anniversary honey....you are the best husband a girl could ask for!I headed back to Vegas towards the end of January for a baby shower. Let's just say it was more than fabulous and so good to see all of my good friends and family! I have never seen so much pink, fluff, and cute clothes in my life. Aaron already a little upset because the baby has a better wardrobe than he does! It was great to see everyone and show off the crazy growing belly. It has been so fun getting ready for our little girl to arrive. We are counting down the days/weeks. Here are my BFFs Melissa and Emily. Emily even flew down from Salt Lake for the shower. and here is the belly update...I've grown a bit from the last shot huh?! 10 weeks left and counting!

7 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

So fun to see your cute belly!! I'm so excited for you and your cute baby to get here. I was just getting the update about y'all today from Evan. I'm totally thinking that we should plan something before this little lady gets here.

For me, the labor & delivery are just fine (hello epidural) - it's the recovery/first few days of nursing/adjusting to a baby that are the hardest. You'll do awesome though, no doubt. Just remember - epidural. :)

Bacchus Family said...

Happy belated anniversary. I'm glad you did something really fun. I'm so glad Chad and I took a little trip before Charles was born. I think the recovery was the biggest adjustment for me. But it passes. I was a little freaked out about breast feeding as well, so I hope that you get a crazy sucker like Charles. He knew what he was doing. And to think that a year later I was kind of sad to stop breast feeding.

Bacchus Family said...

Oh, and nice belly shot. Good luck beating that beer belly. Eat lots of ice cream.

Jenna said...

How fun! I know I can't believe that you were married a year ago. You look so cute pregnant! And the truck...I guess that is something that will be handed down to your children too at this rate! Glad Aaron made it home safe and I hope you enjoy Max#2 (or whatever this one's name is!) =)

Erin said...

Yeah for your cute tummy, I'm glad you have updated! If you can get them latched on right, nursing shouldn't be a problem. And I agree with the first comment, with an epidural, delivery isn't too bad either. So did you have to leave the truck stranded or did you get it running okay? I'm glad Aaron knew what he was doing, that would be scary to be stuck in the middle of no where.

melissa said...

Aw, punkin! What a cute post. I miss you already. I'm also a little sad that you didn't get to post a pic of the crazy pregnant lady driving the rhino! I think I peed a little...oh wait, no, that was you! haha Love and miss ya toots! Can't wait to see the little one. You still look amazing!

email and phone numbers said...

Robyn....congrats on your new baby girl!!! make sure you post lots of pics of her when she gets here ;)! You are just too darling pregnant!

sorry i missed your bb shower- we were out of town. i'm sure it was fabulous & i appreciated the invite!

glad i found your blog - now I can keep up with you & all your happenings!

Jan Hodson